Tariffs for freight carriages on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria
Unified Tariff for Carriage of Goods by Rail in Republic of Bulgaria (ETPT)
1. General conditions
The tariff applies for carriage of goods by rail on the territory of Republic of Bulgaria performed by the carrier BDZ Cargo (referred in the Tariff as BDZ) in the observation of:
- The Railway Act, Regulation No 44 for carriage of goods by rail, other regulations and normative acts regulating the carriages by rail
- Uniform Rules concerning the Contract of International Carriage of Goods (CIM) – Appendix B to the Convention concerning International Carriage by Rail (COTIF)
- Agreement on International Goods Transport by Rail (SMGS) and the Instruction to it;
- Regulation concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Rail (RID) - Appendix C to the Convention concerning International Carriage by Rail (COTIF) and Appendix II to SMGS
2. Tariff publication:
2.1. Notification for entry into force of the Tariff, as well as amendments and supplements related to the Tariff are published on Holding BDZ web site www.bdz.bg.
2.2. Changes in the transport conditions, transport prices or the prices of the additional services, aggravating the conditions and the prices laid down in this Tariff, shall enter into force 15 days after the day of publication on the web site of Holding BDZ www.bdz.bg.
2.3. Other tariff amendments and supplements shall enter into force on the day of their announcement by telegram, fax or other means.
3. Language of the Tariff
The Tariff is in Bulgarian language.
4. Appendices of the Unified Tariff for Carriage of Goods by Rail in Republic of Bulgaria (ETPT)
The Tariff applies for carriages of goods by rail in domestic and international traffic, except for the cases where other international tariff, in which BDZ participates, must be applied for the carriages in international traffic. According to the provisions of the present Tariff consignments shall be transported in the following destinations:
- Export through Varna Ferry complex, including and crossing through customs free zones;
- Import through Varna Ferry complex, including and crossing through customs free zones;
- Transit through Varna Ferry complex, including and crossing through customs free zones;
Transports between two domestic stations, including between two or more customs free zones without passage through border stations and ports.
The Tariff is in Bulgarian language. The transport prices and the prices of the additional services and the additional charges related to the transport are in EURO.
As per the applicable international rules, the goods handed over for transportation with one consignment note are considered as one consignment. The transport price shall be calculated for each consignment separately. The charging depends on:
- Nature, designation, position and class of the goods;
- Weight of the consignment;
- Type of the consignment – wagon, container;
- Transport distance.
5. Prices. Special agreements
- The transport prices and the additional charges are calculated and enter into force on the day of conclusion of the contract of carriage and in the cases where the transport prices are calculated separately for the separate sections of the route;
- The Tariff contains all the requirements for the transportation, elements needed for the calculation of the transport prices and the additional charges, as well as the conditions for converting the Tariff currency into the national currency (Bulgarian lev);
- The Tariff is applied for all customers in compliance with the principle for equality;
- Apart from the transport prices and the additional charges provided in the Tariff, BDZ can not collect other amounts, excepting the costs made by the company. These costs shall be established and reported separately in the consignment note by attaching all proving document. When the proving documents are attached to the consignment note and the payment of the costs is born by the consignor, these documents shall not be given to the consignee, they shall be given to the consignor;
- The General Manager of BDZ Cargo concludes with the customers contracts for central payment and agreements, in which the specific parameters and conditions of the transports are determined.